Office Depot is looking for a Senior Web Analytics Specialist – fulltime – Venlo
This is Office Depot:
We provide business supplies and services to help our customers work better – whatever their workplace. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.
Office Depot has combined pro forma annual sales of approximately $16 billion, employs about 56,000 people, and serves consumers and businesses in 56 countries with more than 1,800 retail stores, various eCommerce sites and a dedicated business-to-business sales organization – all delivered through a global network of wholly owned operations, joint ventures, franchisees, licensees and alliance partners.
Within Europe, Office Depot operates in thirteen countries through its two main brands Office Depot and Viking, with retail stores in France and Sweden.
The e-Commerce & Campaign Teams in Venlo and Milton Keynes are responsible for Merchandizing Technology, Personalization, Email Marketing, Campaign Execution and Web Analytics for the European market at Office Depot and Viking.
This is the role:
As Sr. Web Analytics Specialist you are responsible for data and model preparation, analysis and insight generation, delivery and advice to internal and external customers, supporting the commercial process and attracting new and valuable data sources, in order to meet and preferably go beyond the customer data, information or insight need and contribute to the continuous enhancement of Office Depot’s insight delivery capabilities. The Sr. Web Analytics Specialist has a strong contribution to and/or leading role in Web Analytics and Site Optimization projects. As Sr. Web Analyst you take a leading role in providing insight into customer needs and behavior on the Office Depot and Viking websites. The primary focus of the Sr. Web Analytics Specialist is to help analyze and optimize the performance of the site; improve Campaign effectiveness, improve Personalization, Onsite Search and Online Merchandising. The Sr. Web Analytics Specialist will work on innovation, with the latest technology, together with a transformative, dynamic and enthusiastic team.
The Sr. Web Analytics Specialist will:
- Lead and manage optimization projects;
- Work with the Ecommerce & Campaign Operations team to define key performance measures, develop and run online dashboards and provide insights on the whys;
- Connect data dots and provide actionable insights from customers’ view point;
- Work with Digital Sales team and Marketing BI team based on site strategy, roadmap and business requests to meet those strategic and tactical analytics needs, deliver insights, answer the business questions, measure impact and provide recommendations;
- Mature our “data-driven decision making culture” and proactively bring customer lenses in to influence and guide online analytics strategy;
- Define, execute and analyze web reporting to uncover critical observations and trends that will maximize our e-commerce and online marketing efforts;
- Design experiments to A/B and multivariate test new site features and functionalities
- Validate quality, consistency, accessibility and structure of data, validate models and ensure preparation of data for machine learning algorithms;
- Conduct in-depth analysis of data and reports by combining and interpreting external and internal quantitative and qualitative data, processes and development and by data mining for correlations, trends, outliers and probabilities;
- Discover ways in which business value can be added to the data, design customer interfaces for specific customer needs (in close collaboration with IT), visualise and model output and develop trusted information and true insights;
- Ensure all periodical and ad-hoc reporting on customer files, own insight delivery activities and realisation, and elaborate to managers on interpretation;
- Contribute to the coordination of- and / or participate in assigned (portfolio of) data, information and insight delivery related project;
- Coach, educate and advise lower level colleagues on relevant data, information and insight matters and support them in identifying and acting upon sales opportunities.
This is what you offer:
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative field (mathematics, economics, statistics, or applied science) with over 4-6 years of proven experience with web analytics and site optimization;
- Experience with web analytics tools such as CoreMetrics and Google Analytics;
- Experience in onsite Search, Personalization, Merchandising or related field;
- Experience using SQL, SolR, SAS, or other statistical software, advanced Excel skills ;
- Ability to manage complicated and coherent forecast models with multiple streams of data;
- Demonstrated ability to design experiments, perform hypothesis testing and statistical evaluation;
- Strong intellectual curiosity combined with a knack for recognizing correlations, trends and statistical irregularities;
- Strong understanding of industry trends in online retail;
- Motivated self-starter, process-oriented with high attention to detail and strong planning and problem solving skills, is result driven;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, flexibility to accommodate demanding projects schedules;
- Has a customer focus and strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Fluent knowledge of English, spoken and written;
- It is required that candidates live within a 1 hour traveling radius from Venlo.
This is what we offer:
We offer you a challenging and dynamic working environment in a leading e-Commerce organisation. Office Depot will contribute to your personal development by empowering you to achieve on world-class level and encouraging you to actively develop your skills and career path.
Our excellent remuneration package will be inline with your skills and experience level.
For further information about this role you can contact Steven Stephania via +31638924004. To send in your application please use this link: Sr. Web Analytics Specialist. We ask for your understanding that we cannot accept applications via email.
Agency calls not appreciated.